A new urgent opportunity has arisen for an Expeditor on a 6-9 month contract (consultant or short term) in South Portugal.
Reporting in to the Supply Chain Manager, the position will be expediting activities on the project to ensure timely delivery of issue-free or supplier furnished materials and equipment to meet contractual and project schedule requirements.
5 days a week (Monday - Friday), 10 hours per day.
Key responsibilities and deliverables includes:
* Assist Project Supply Chain Manager to develop and monitor Expediting Plans
* Assist Engineering to develop and monitor Inspection Test Plans
* Expedite materials and equipment to site
* Liaising with Suppliers to obtain timely submission of vendor data and follow up on material acquisition, production progress and shipment
* Liaise with Suppliers, Inspection personnel and other project staff to ensure timely inspection of equipment and materials during manufacture
* Maintain Expediting Status Reports on a daily or as need basis
* Represent Procurement & Contracts at Project Procurement and Expediting meetings
* Coordinate material and equipment deliveries, arrange transportation and liaise with Site re off-load and storage requirements
* Evaluate production schedules and progress reports from Suppliers to determine if their programme and progress meets project required on site dates
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* At least 10 years experience in expediting role within a mining or oil & gas environment
* Excellent written and oral communication skills regarding technical and production matters with both project and supplier personnel
* English writing and speaking skills
* Experience in organizing tasks to meet multiple project deadlines
* Able to work under pressure
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Understanding of materials and equipment being expedited
* Expediting experience in EPC/EPCM environment
* Working knowledge of import / export requirements within Portugal/Europe and internationally
* Capacity to interpret detailed specifications and standards, and apply to equipment inspection requirements