Logistics Operations Officer
· Great opportunity to work for a global company at the forefront of mining
· Advance your career and develop your leadership potential in a pioneering organization
· We offer competitive paid parental leave entitlements and flexible work arrangements?
Our client is establishing a US Sales & Marketing office in Chicago. Part of the new Commercial organization, US facing sales and marketing roles from across multiple products and locations will be based in Chicago. This is an exciting next step in our Commercial journey and for your career. You’ll get to join a pioneering team delivering commercial insights and driving commercial value across our mine to market value chain. From East Coast to West Coast; from the desert to the mountains; from small towns to big cities, our diverse portfolio of assets and activities has helped shape the mining industry across the United States.
This role is responsible for the efficient and effective operational and administrative execution of freight and logistics activities to meet customer requirements and achieve Logistics performance and safety targets.
· Manage logistic movements involving transportation, warehousing and material flows
· Arrange, coordinate and optimize shipments with suppliers using negotiated (or better) rates and terms
· Identify freight opportunities through back haul, on haul or triangulation activities to reduce costs /improve profitability
· Prepare and issue shipping instructions and manage shipment formalities for domestic, import and export
· Actively manage inflight movements ensuring delivery schedules and expectations are met.
· Provide regular and relevant operational feedback to team to enhance service delivery or business performance
· Liaise with BU customer service reps to ensure shipments are dispatched efficiently and meet customer expectation
· Act as the primary escalation point for all operational issues raised by the BUs or suppliers
· Correctly interpret supplier contracts across different trade lanes to ensure shipment returns are optimized
· Issue invoices and pay suppliers according to contractual terms and payment policies
· Payment tracking issues and resolutions including collection of debt relating to invoices or supply debit notes
· Manage and/or negotiate operational disputes with suppliers and BUs
· Create a HSE culture ensuring all activities comply with company standards and that product shipments are made in a safe and secure manner
· Engage suppliers on HSEQ related issues to ensure compliance to contract management standards and performance expectations
· Adhere to policies and systems requirements at all times.
What you will need for this role
· Interpersonal, communication & negotiation skills
· Ability to operate in matrix organization
· Internal and external stakeholder management and customer service skills
· Logistics operations
· Freight Forwarding
· Transportation management systems (e.g. SAP TM)
· >3 years in Logistics/freight forwarding or supply chain
· Logistics operations experience preferred
· Bachelors level qualification in Logistics or similar