My client who are based in Houston, Texas are looking for an NA Quality Manager to start immediately.
You will be responsible for the transformation of an the development of short and long-range plans for improving processes/systems for Pressure Control’s North American Quality Department and taking the department from being reactive to proactive. The NA Quality Manager will also be responsible for coaching, training and leading to drive high levels of quality through all levels of the organization.
Objectives & Responsibilities
-Responsible for all aspects of quality: improving effectiveness of systems and processes, identifying solutions for quality problems related to suppliers, new product development and the overall NA quality management systems.
- Responsible to maintain compliance with national and international standards mainly API Q1, API Q2, ISO 900:2015 and API 6A.
- Select, train, provide leadership and work assignments for, counsel, and evaluate the performance of quality managers and engineers engaged in developing, analyzing, modifying, and improving quality assurance systems and procedures to ensure the continuing ability of the Company to produce quality products to meet customer delivery commitments.
- Develop and manage the implementation of policies, procedures and systems to support and ensure the execution of corrective and preventative actions and compliance with customers’ and API specifications.
- Assure compliance with all external and internal regulations, specifications and standard work.
- Responsible to develop, deploy, and maintain goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to the QA/QC.
- Responsible to develop, implement, and communicate a quality plan to maintain the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies.
-Responsible to train personnel for compliance with Quality Management System requirements.
- Responsible to create technical and management systems reports
- Assist in developing customer specific ITP’s.
- Effectively interact with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Production to maintain product supply and new product releases.
- Responsible for quality of all products and services. Final authority to provide disposition of non-conforming material and product shipped to customers and received from suppliers.
- Responsible for identification and timely resolution of manufacturing (NCR), supplier non-conformances (SCAR) and customer quality issues (FCR).
- Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Assist the review of inspection, testing, and product release records for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods
- Develop and demand Quality at source instead of at inspections
- Develop short and long range plans to improve the effectiveness of systems and processes
- Implement, audit, consistently apply and sustain Weir core values.
- Focus management on the appropriate metrics and actions based on those metrics across the organization, assuring effective tracking of operational performance. Report on quality metrics from value stream perspective, analyze (key organizational) quality metrics and perform periodical reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps
- For the quality function lead Vision Control, Manage for Daily Improvement (MDI), and actively participate in (internal and external) audits, follow up actions. Monitor and improve product and process efficiency by providing an independent audit function
- Oversee and timely allocate quality resources for Product Development and Change Process and drive the CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) process with all functions involved.
- Act as a leader for Major Quality Disruptions.
- Influence business bottom line results by quality process improvement. Maintain Quality department budget and control related expenses and investments
-Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in various functions of Quality Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have proven experience in field services
- Must have demonstrated experience in manufacturing, field services, engineering and supplier quality development
- 10+ years of experience in a Quality leadership position with focus on managing and developing staff. This position requires a leader that is highly organized and familiar with fast-paced manufacturing and service center environments
- Subject matter expert in API Q1, API Q2
- Subject matter expert in API SPEC 6A (Specification for Wellhead and Christmas Tree Equipment
- 3+ years of experience on Customer Quality (Implementation of customer requirements and managing complaints)
- Lean six sigma black belt certified desired
- Certified ASQ CQE, CQM/COE desired -Someone who is hands on -Travelling will be required approx 50% of the time in the beginning