Senior Specialist Commercial, Copper Cathodes
Our client is establishing a US Sales & Marketing office in Chicago. Part of the new Commercial organization, US facing sales and marketing roles from across multiple products and locations will be based in Chicago. This is an exciting next step in our Commercial journey and for your career. You’ll get to join a pioneering team delivering commercial insights and driving commercial value across our mine to market value chain. From East Coast to West Coast; from the desert to the mountains; from small towns to big cities, our diverse portfolio of assets and activities has helped shape the mining industry across the United States.
Join us and help shape our commercial presence in the US
This role is responsible for placement of products mine to market. This role assists the sales manager in the negotiation of copper cathode and precious metals sales contracts and premium for tolling contract returns, and ensures timely interaction with the sales operation team to ensure on-time delivery of the product per contract terms to the customer or operations. This role has front line interaction with customers at the sales manager’s direction for negotiation of contracts and market intelligence gathering. The role proactively manages existing customer relationships and also helps develop new customer relationships and markets.
- Maintain customer relationships
- Explore, analyze, negotiate, and execute sales and value opportunities
- Negotiate and execute tolling and / or purchasing contracts at the sales manager’s direction
- Support development and execution of sales and marketing strategy
- Understand, summarize, and communicate customer needs / profitability / segmentation
- Support improved understanding of our customers’ customers - final end use knowledge
- Support identification and analysis of new commercial opportunities
- Contribute to and maintain ongoing risk and governance management
- Assist sales manager with market intelligence feedback to Market Intel & Pricing Analyst
- Close coordination with Sales Operations team to ensure contractual commitments are met and any issues are timely resolved
What you will need for this role
- Strong business to business customer interaction and relationship experience
- Copper cathode experience preferred, precious metal experience desired
- Experience with bulk commodity metals, alloys, concentrates, and / or chemicals preferred
- Understanding of the mining or copper industry a plus
- Basic understanding of hedging a plus
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management
- Sound organization, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to operate in matrix organization and influence people
- Experience in generating and implementing outcomes to improve workflows and processes to increase efficiency and eliminate waste
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Bachelors level qualification.