Specialist - Trucking
Are you ready to be a part of our pioneering Sales & Marketing team?
Our client produces high-quality materials that are essential to making modern life work. Aluminum and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: from microscopic circuit board parts in your smartphone and computer to the hull of a supertanker, our materials make up the world around us. They own and operate open pit and underground mines, mills, refineries, smelters, power stations, and research and service facilities. And we use our railways, ports and ships to deliver our products to our customers.
They are establishing a US Sales & Marketing office in Chicago. Part of the new Commercial organization, US facing sales and marketing roles from across multiple products and locations will be based in Chicago. This is an exciting next step in our Commercial journey and for your career.
· Great opportunity to work for a global company at the forefront of mining
· Advance your career and develop your leadership potential in a pioneering organization
· We offer competitive paid parental leave entitlements and flexible work arrangements
Responsibility for managing the safe, efficient, and on time shipping of goods to customers by road. The role includes accountability for trucking performance, budget and network optimization of customer centric logistics in the North America region.
• Accountable for the safe and efficient shipping of product by road in North America
• Provide specialist subject matter expertise in relation to trucking and network optimization, including commercial impacts and opportunities.
• Develop strong trucking provider relationships to assist in the negotiation of beneficial contract pricing and timely resolution of issues.
• Utilization of business intelligence to leverage the Group’s volume and market presence. Drive improvement through data analytics and innovation techniques.
• Establish and maintain a performance based scorecard with each trucking service provider, review quarterly and report KPIs monthly
• Lead/perform audits/reviews of trucking service providers
• Contribute to the development of best practice standards and uses best proactive methodology in work activities.
• Monitor regional industry trucking trends and proposed changes to work practices to enhance outcomes
• Audit trucking transportation invoices for payment
• Develop, track and manage trucking spend, including providing solutions to generate greater commercial outcomes for Rio Tinto.
• Improved decision support through process control, standardization and governance
• Create an HSE culture within RTL ensuring all activities comply with Rio Tinto standards and that product shipments are made in a safe and secure manner.
• Engage service providers on HSEQ related issues to ensure compliance to contract management standards and performance expectations
What you will need for this role
Knowledge and skills in:
• Interpersonal, communication & negotiation skills
• Ability to operate in matrix organization
• Strong internal and external Stakeholder management and customer service skills
• Project management experience
• Logistics software packages
• >5 years in supply chain role
• Implementing value adding logistics solutions
• Experience in generating and implementing outcomes to improve workflows and processes to increase efficiency and eliminate waste
• Logistics management experience preferred
• Bachelors level qualification in Logistics or similar
• Trucking experience preferred