Are you ready to be a part of our pioneering Sales & Marketing team?
Technical Sales Agronomist
· Great opportunity to work for a global company at the forefront of mining
· Advance your career and develop your leadership potential in a pioneering organization
· We offer competitive paid parental leave entitlements and flexible work arrangements
Our client is establishing a US Sales & Marketing office in Chicago. Part of the new Commercial organization, US facing sales and marketing roles from across multiple products and locations will be based in Chicago. This is an exciting next step in our Commercial journey and for your career. Join us and help shape our commercial presence in the US.
You’ll get to join a pioneering team delivering commercial insights and driving commercial value across our mine to market value chain. From East Coast to West Coast; from the desert to the mountains; from small towns to big cities, our diverse portfolio of assets and activities has helped shape the mining industry across the United States. They supply 30 per cent of the world’s refined borates from our world-class mine in Boron, California. Our Bingham Canyon mine, located just south-west of Salt Lake City, Utah, has produced more copper than any other operation in history. And our Resolution Copper project in Arizona is among the top ten largest undeveloped copper assets in the world.
This position falls within the sales division of US Borax. Technical Sales Agronomist is responsible for owning a regional agronomy program, direct account responsibilities and strategy with input from sales, marketing and other related capabilities. Develop relationships with key customer sales and agronomy personnel, farmer/managers, researchers, and independent consultants within the region. Education USB regional sales team, and customers’ sales & agronomy teams, to position USB product offerings with a competitive agronomic advantage.
This position is based in Chicago and contributes to sales, market development and technical support activities for customers of USB’s agricultural line of products; identifies market/customer needs for USB products in existing markets; works in close collaboration with customers, sales marketing pilot plant and production facilities; participates in research, analysis and experimentation on borates for new product development, and marketing strategies for growth in the agriculture industry.
· Provide sales account management and delivery against budget. (35%)
· Provide technical support and develop key relationship with key agriculture customers. (25%)
· Coordinates R&I program for development projects and to new product trials at customer location. (15%)
· Contributes to developing USB knowledge of product applications and market needs. (10%)
· Actively participates in USB technical and sales/marketing meetings and assists with completion of deliverables on time. (10%)
· Fully support health, safety and environmental programs by participating in their implementation, maintenance and enforcement as well as compliance with corporate programs. (5%).
If you’re interested in launching your career with us, apply today for an exciting tomorrow.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Education and Qualifications:
College/University Education: BS/MS in agronomy, chemistry, biology, or related science fields.
Other Qualifications: 5 years with a Bachelor’s degree, or less with an advanced degree, of relevant technical support, research and development experience.
Licenses/Certifications: Certified Crop Advisor or Certified Professional Agronomist preferred