Our client is a global leader in the mining and metals sector with 55,000 people operating across six continents in more than 40 countries. They are establishing a US Sales/ Marketing/ Logistics team in Chicago and seeking candidates for the Technical Service Specialist located in downtown Chicago.
You’ll get to join a pioneering team delivering commercial insights and driving commercial value across our mine to market value chain. From East Coast to West Coast; from the desert to the mountains; from small towns to big cities, their diverse portfolio of assets and activities has helped shape the mining industry across the United States. We supply 30% of the world’s refined borates from our world-class mine in Boron, California. Our Bingham Canyon mine, located just south-west of Salt Lake City, Utah, has produced more copper than any other operation in history. The Resolution Copper project in Arizona is among the top ten largest undeveloped copper assets in the world.
Technical Service Specialist
- Great opportunity to work for a global company at the forefront of mining
- Advance your career and develop your leadership potential in a pioneering organization
- We offer competitive paid parental leave entitlements and flexible work arrangements
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity to manage non-routine activities having high levels of complexity in support of new product and new application projects. You will:
- Fully support the health, safety and environmental programs by participating in compliance and corporate programs.
- Support customers in technical matters and provide high quality service to answer questions, share information, and coordinate testing when needed
- Develop relationships with key customers/specifiers in relevant industries to learn about medium to long term projects for borate products
- Identify market needs and business opportunities; new markets, new application segments, product value proposition, product differentiation and market positioning
- Initiate, coordinate and/or leads new application and/or new product development projects including collaborations with external partners, such as academic groups, national labs and contract testing labs
What you will need for this role
- Advanced knowledge of chemistry is required. Additional job specific study and direct job experience is required.
- Communications skills needed to explain project plans and results and to coordinate project activities.
- Leadership skills are necessary for directing others
- Strong mathematical skills are needed for project-related calculations.
- Analytical and statistical skills are needed for data analysis and determination of data significance.
- Computer skills are required to manage and analyze data and to produce project reports, communications and presentation materials.
- Self-motivation is necessary for independent work, ensuring that work progresses in a timely manner without supervision.
- Organizational skills are necessary for directing others and coordinating workflow and project activities.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary in order to work with staff members of other departments and locations without major conflicts.
- Administrative skills are required to document data and activities.
- Planning skills are needed for directing others, setting goals, and coordinating project activities
- Training and team building skills are necessary to work with colleagues as well as other company departments.
- Presentation skills are required to communicate project concepts and results to internal and external customers.