Hours: 5AM to 1:30PM with an unpaid 30 minute lunch
Hours per week: 40
Summary: The Transportation Dispatcher oversees an entire team of drivers and vehicles ensuring the safe and efficient delivery of material to both internal and external customers throughout our service territory.
• Coordinates daily route planning, staffing & load balancing activities.
• Ensures all vehicles, drivers and processes meet both OSHA and DOT requirements.
• Oversees and is responsible for complete and accurate loading process of material going out for delivery.
• Ensures manifest integrity for all loads.
• Provides leadership, motivation and education for personnel directly involved with delivery operations.
• Schedules deliveries and dispatches drivers based on requirements of the customer as communicated through various media channels.
• Keeps accurate record of deliveries (POD) and ensures manifests are properly closed.
• Coordinates and communicates daily on-demand services as needed.
• Ensures all assets are maintained consistent with company expectations.
• Assists with monitoring and is responsible for building and vehicle safety and security.
• Answer phone calls from drivers and salespeople
• Follow up with drivers concerning time commitments
• Input pickups and same day deliveries into company system
• Other duties may be assigned. Skills, Knowledge, and Education:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• A thorough knowledge of warehousing principles, practices and procedures is required.
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills are required.
• Basic computer skills and good phone etiquette
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving abilities.
• Organization and time management skills, detail oriented, able to prioritize in a multi-tasking environment and ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.